After decades of incessant fluctuations, the Australian housing market is finally beginning to stabilise, much to the avail of today’s homeowners. Although the past five years have seen a marked 50% rise in home values around the country’s population centres, in particular, it’s important to note that there is still a lot of room for growth, expansion, and appreciation.
Even with the striking increase in residential resale values over the past half-decade, it’s still a seller’s market due to the calculable disparity between supply and demand; there simply aren’t enough homes to appease willing buyers in today’s day and age.
As such, now is the perfect time to get the most bang for your buck with regard to contracting home improvement projects, because you’ll be able to take advantage of lucrative market conditions and truly enhance your home’s intrinsic value.
But before you start weighing the pros and cons of contracting large-scale augmentations – such as loft conversions or living room bump-outs – it’s in your best interests to take a look at some of the more frugal, pennywise improvements available.
In this regard, let’s highlight the benefits of installing new-age folding arm awnings in Melbourne.
What’s So Great about Awnings?
If you partner with a reputable installation firm, you’ll be able to redefine and reimagine your property without breaking the bank along the way:
- Curb Appeal: Awnings add profundity and dimensional fortitude to your home, as they effectively increase the perceived boundaries of your property while simultaneously bolstering its aesthetic appeal. With a wide range of fabrics, frames, and complementary colours from which to choose, modernised awnings can enhance any type of property, big or small.
- Remuneration: Contemporary awnings block up to 90% of the solar energy absorbed through windows and they can reduce interior heat gain by upwards of 75%, which means that a few new awnings around the property can reduce your summertime cooling expenditures by more than 20%. Additionally, homeowners can recoup up to 100% of the upfront installation fees through an immediate increase in home resale value.
- UV Protection: We are all well aware of the detrimental health effects of prolonged UV exposure, but did you know that UV rays can also fade, damage, and degrade your furniture? With this notion in mind, you’ll be able to protect and safeguard your most precious interior elements simply by extending your folding arm awning when the sun is at its highest point.
- Customisation: With the rise of sophisticated printing provisions, today’s most reputable awning suppliers can emblazon any type of veneer, façade, or even marketing feature onto your awning. So regardless of whether you happen to be a business owner looking for cost-effective advertising or a homeowner seeking out a unique finish to bolster a distinctive property, today’s awnings represent the perfect solution.
What Should I Look Out for When Hiring an Installation Firm?
To avoid overpriced suppliers and ineffectual contractors, you’ll want to look out for the following characteristics, traits, and aspects during your research:
- At least 10 years’ experience as an awning supplier
- Wide selection of alternative products, such as blinds, shutters, pergolas, canopies, and electric heaters, just to name a few.
- Customised fabrication process, with the ability to handle oblique windows, spherical openings, trilateral frames, and overhangs.
- Comprehensive suite of services – idea, design, measurements, engineering, and installation.
- Easily accessible public showroom, with a vast assortment of functional displays showcased throughout the year.
- Intuitive online enquiry platform for free quotations and estimates.